Friday, March 7, 2008

WHAT I WON ON EBAY

At last I have the set. Having obtained Obscure Independent Classics volumes 2-5 over the years number 1 has not only eluded it me it's never even grinned teasingly at me. It made its debut on ebay and then who appeared? Gothic Darkwave of course, surfing on a tsunami wave of funds, a rogue, a rapscallion, a minion of the devil; possibly, or perhaps a timid soul festering in fruitless labour who carves a morsel of pleasure from the edifice of his drab life by snatching remote records from cyberspace. With a second to go I outbid....Nykobing, an old adversary. Mr.Darkwave did not stir from his Gormenghastian outhouse. Soon the famous Cordelia cat will be mewing at my letterbox.

2 comments:

ourpeboritp!o!p! said...

Hi Rupert,

Any chance that you can post the tracklistings of all the compilations and you favourite tracks in them? I'd love to read about them. Cheers!

Jessel

http://www.myspace.com/jesselbaltazar

Rupert Cook said...

If you google Obscure Independent Classics you'll find a discography from the man behind the compilations and the record label Cordelia. There is lots of relevant info there. Alan Jenkins is the blurry genius behind the Deep Freeze Mice, Ruth's Refrigerator, the Chrysanthemums and various other absurd bands, some of which feature on his OIC comps. It's a world unlike any other.