Wednesday, April 9, 2008

WHAT I WON ON EBAY

I had been waiting for a fascinating DIY jewel by the Inflatable Boy Clams to climb out of its shell and slither onto ebay for some time now. It appears every four months or so but always in the hands of an American seller. Postage can be steep, often adding another £6 or so. So I was in a state of happy hysteria when it washed up on ebay in the hands of a UK seller. I doubted it would be an easy catch and so it proved. In the final moments I deflated Bidder 4 and swam to shore with my prize. Bidder 4, what has ebay done? It seems sellers now have the choice of keeping bidders' identities anonymous. Bidder 4 just doesn't have the same ring to it. I wonder if I could confuse ebay and change my ebay moniker to Bidder 4? I'd find that mildly amusing for a day or two. Anyway Bidder 1, 2 and 3.....no, hold on, I think I was Bidder 3, anyway Bidder 1 was a faint hearted fellow/lass and .....or was I Bidder 1? Oh who cares? I won and I am not a number, I'm a free man.

No comments: